The principles of where and how visitors are allowed to move on the territory of the NAPANT and its protection zone are instituted in the Visitors’ Park Rules and Regulations. The most important parts of this document are presented on this page.
[Climbing and cliffhanging] [Paragliding and hang gliding] [Navigation on water courses]
SKIING AND SKI ALPINISMPlaces designated for ski alpinism
Ski alpinism is allowed in the time period between one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset in the areas designated for ski-alpinism and only from 15th December to 30th April:
•• The Chopok ski alpinism area, delineated by the line: Zadná voda – saddle Poľany – Dereše – Oblaz – Trangoška Valley – Halašova jama – the saddle between Veľký Gápeľ and Kozie chrbty – the valley of the Mlynná creek – the saddle Pod Králičkou – M.R.Štefánik Chalet – Ďumbier – Krúpova hoľa – Široká dolina Valley; [map]
•• Kráľova hoľa ski alpinism area, outlined by the line: Kráľova hoľa – saddle Snežná jama (on the road to the TV tower) – Kráľova skala – to the NAPANT boundary (along the red TZT) – along the NAPANT boundary – Vyšné Rovienky Crest – the saddle between Kráľová hoľa and Stredná hoľa – Kráľova hoľa; [map]
•• existing trails (including winter stake marked ones) and the corridor wide 50 m right and left from them;
•• the corridor of the access path to the cave “Jaskyňa mŕtvych netopierov” (Halašova jama – Jaskyňa Mŕtvych netopierov Cave – the saddle between Veľký Gápeľ and the Kozie chrbty Mt. – M.R. Štefánik Chalet) up to 50 m from its route;
•• the end of Mlynná dolina Valley up to the saddle between Veľký Gápeľ and Kozie chrbty and the Mlynná Creek Valley.
In the periods of the increased avalanche risk (3rd, 4th of 5th level) announced by the Mountains Rescue Service (Horska služba) or Avalanche Prevention Center, ski alpinism is prohibited in the above designated areas.
Areas designated for snowboarding
•• all localities assigned to downhill skiing and ski alpinism
Areas designated for cross-country skiing
•• sections of hiking trails suitable for cross-country skiing;
•• marked winter cross country-skiing trails:
- The saddle Za Lenivou – Lenivá;
- Panská hoľa – Heľpiansky vrch;
- Liptovská Teplička – Panská hoľa;
- Liptovská Teplička – Okrúhle.
The applicable rules for hiking also apply to skiing and ski alpinism.
CLIMBING AND CLIFFHANGING Designated places for climbing, cliffhanging and ice climbing (allowed only in the time period between one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset):
•• northern slopes between height spots Dereše (2003 m) and Chopok (2024 m) in the time period between one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset between 1 July to 31 December;
•• Demänovská Valley, Machnatô – up to 500 m from the mouth of the valley;
•• Jánska Valley, Bielo Valley – up to 800 m from the mouth of the valley
- Kanceľ – no restriction
- Horné skaly – no restriction from 1st August to 31st January. From 1st February to 30th July if the activity is not restricted or prohibited by the Nature and Landscape Protection Authority
•• Brankovský waterfall – ice climbing from 20th December to 28th February.
The applicable rules for hiking also apply to climbing and cliffhanging.
PARAGLIDING AND HANG GLIDINGDesignated places for paragliding and hang gliding:
•• start from Chopok (the flight area for the paragliding):
- the corridor for flights is delineated from the main crest to the north up to the landing area at Lúčky, from the main crest to the south up to the parking lot at Trangoška. On the western and eastern sides it is outlined by the boundary of the area designated for downhill skiing (i.e. by the existing downhill courses);
- gliding is allowed only in the periods from 15th December to 1st March and from 1st July to 15th September in the time period between one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset;
•• start from Kráľova hoľa (the terrain for paragliding and hang gliding)
- start 300 m distance at maximum from the height spot;
- the flight corridor is outlined in the east by the red trail TZT 0801 Telgárt - Kráľova hoľa (1946 m) and in the west by the blue trail TZT 2610 Šumiac - Kráľova hoľa (1946 m)
- gliding is allowed only in the periods from 15th December to 1st March and from 1st July to 31th October in the time period between one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset;
The applicable rules for hiking also apply to paragliding and hang gliding.
NAVIGATION ON WATER COURSESThe designated sections of the water courses: •• The Hron river in the section Heľpa - Šalková (in the period from 15th April to 15thSeptember, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.);
•• The Čierny Váh river in the section Nižný Chmelienec, the bridge - confluence with the Biely Váh river (in the period from 15th April till 15th September, from 9 a.m. to 4.p.m);
•• The Starohorský potok (from 15th April to 15th September);
CYCLINGCycling on the territory of the National Park and its protection zone is permitted only on public roads, cycling trails and roads designated for cycling. (see the list).
Podmienky pre vjazd a státie bicyklom na cyklotrasy a trasy vyhradené pre individuálny vjazd a státie bicyklov:< BR> •• in a case of extraordinary events (e.g. calamity works, fire) or in cases of land management activities, such as timber harvesting, road constructions, organized hunting, etc., cycling can be restricted by a landowner, an administrator or a tenant of the respective land;
•• on the hiking trails a cyclist is obliged to adjust his/her ride in order to avoid any endangerment of hikers;
•• on the forest roads a cyclist is obliged to adjust his/her ride in order to avoid limiting landowners and other users of the land in their land management works;
•• cycling on the cycling trails is exclusively at the cyclists’ own risk;
The applicable rules for hiking also apply to cycling.
- We recommend